Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Daily Choice

087In case you didn’t know --- my life isn’t perfect.  I know most of my posts are about my amazing family, my awesome mom, and my sweet daddy.  I talk about how lovable my puppies are, how happily married I am, and what a great life I’ve lived.  And all that stuff is true.  However, after reading over some of my past postings, I realized that I may come across a little “Pollyanna”. 

The truth is, I have had just as much heartache and sadness in my life as the next guy.  I lost a dear, sweet mom to breast cancer.  Todd and I have had a miscarriage, a house fire, and a failed business.  We’ve had financial problems, gone through some rough patches with our teens, and fought cancer.  089

Despite all these sad events, my basic nature is to look on the bright side of things.  In fact, I try to make a daily choice to be positive.  Consequently, my posts usually highlight the good memories, the positive aspects of my family life, happy events.  However, every once in awhile, there are days – maybe even weeks – of gloominess or sadness.  In fact, I’ve been a bit “down” for the last three or four weeks.  I can’t even pinpoint what started it, but I have been bored with my job, frustrated with housework, and have experienced just a general “blah-ness”.  

So, I had to wake up this morning and remind myself it’s time to “suck it up” and choose to have a positive attitude.  And, thanks to encouragement from a dear friend, I spent the day cleaning, followed by a little pampering with a pedicure and eyebrow waxing.  My house is clean, my toes are pretty and I’m back on track. 

Now, I can get back to writing all those ridiculously cheery posts about my wonderful family and blessed life -- which is a lot more interesting to read about than my boring job, my messy house and negative attitude!

1 comment:

MB said...

:) It's refreshing to read your Pollyannaish cheery posts :) They inspire happy thoughts in others.